Team Daugherty is in search of a .NET Software Architect to join us in the St. Louis office. This role will allow you to design solutions for multiple clients around the metro area. Software Architects have superior expertise gained from extensive experience and industry research of best practices within database, pattern implementation, coding and architecture. You will contribute to a team project predominately focused on architecture and development. You will work with a team typically in an Agile methodology completing various development and coding initiatives. The ideal candidate knows a broad range of languages, can adapt to new client environments, and is willing and able to learn new technologies quickly.
As a Software Architect you will be responsible for the following:
- Designing software solutions to meet client’s various business and technical needs.
- Managing a team of developers and analysts throughout the entire project lifecycle.
- Analyzing application specifications and technology approaches to ensure business requirements are met and are scalable for future product releases.
- Investigating future oriented products and taking ownership of driving resolution and making proposals that may include reusable components.
- Working with business analysts and management to recommend future application solutions.
- Producing conceptual design documents and detailed specifications for large-scale and complex projects to reinforce our technical product and architectural standards.
- Collaborating with business analysts to diagnose and resolve complex defects identified throughout testing phases.
We are looking for someone with:
- A 4-year college degree in computer science or business.
- 10+ years of experience in software development with strong customer focus and requirements-driven design and development.
- Experience developing software using the .NET framework (at least through version 4.0).
- 7+ years of experience in VB.NET or C#.
- Prior management consulting experience.
- Experience with WCF, developing web services in the .NET environment, service oriented architecture, and multi-tier software design and development.
- Experience developing both WinForms and web-based .NET applications.
- Thorough understanding of SDLC processes and methodologies, and involvement in the complete product development life cycle.
- Knowledge of the design and implementation relational databases, with hands-on experience with at least one of the following: Oracle, DB2, and SQL Server.
- Experience in RUP and Agile development methodologies and associated tools.
- Experience with object-to-relational mapping tools such as NHibernate or Entity Framework, and Spring.Net or StructureMap for loC patterns.
- Experience with build systems such as: Ant or Maven.
We offer members of Team Daugherty:
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance.
- Revenue sharing and a 401(k) retirement savings plan.
- Life, disability and long-term care insurance.
- Little to no travel.
- Robust career development and training.
When you are a Daugherty employee, your job doesn’t end when a contract is up. You stay on as an indispensable member of the team with career growth opportunities tailored to your interests and talents. Apply today to take your career to the next level.